ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.2.5 Qt Post Installer Blank Screen

Jump to solution
05-08-2015 07:40 AM
PaulLivingstone
New Contributor III

After installing ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.2.5 the post installer screen is blank. Anyone know why?

Tried to remove and re-install but get the same. Even if I run it manually from the tools directory I get the same.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

My guess is you're running this over Remote Desktop on Windows. If so, this is a known issue with the Runtime SDK for Qt on Windows for the 10.2.5 release, and is documented here for your reference: Release notes for ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.2.5 for Qt—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers

"Installation, development and deployment are not supported when accessing the development machine using Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol due to conflicts between RDP and the Qt framework's rendering. VNC has been tested and appears to work."

For now, you can either use VNC, or directly log into the machine. Using Microsoft RDP is something that should work in an upcoming release.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

My guess is you're running this over Remote Desktop on Windows. If so, this is a known issue with the Runtime SDK for Qt on Windows for the 10.2.5 release, and is documented here for your reference: Release notes for ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.2.5 for Qt—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers

"Installation, development and deployment are not supported when accessing the development machine using Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol due to conflicts between RDP and the Qt framework's rendering. VNC has been tested and appears to work."

For now, you can either use VNC, or directly log into the machine. Using Microsoft RDP is something that should work in an upcoming release.

Thanks,

Luke

PaulLivingstone
New Contributor III

Thanks Luke

I was using remote desktop to access the machine. Works when I directly login to the machine.

0 Kudos