Unable to rebuild locator

05-07-2015 07:31 AM
MAPAQ_organisation_
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an error when i'm trying to rebuild locator (see the attached file): "Undelying DBMS did not accept username/password".

I'm using :

ArcCatalog 10.0

Connexion : direct connect or SDE connexion

DB :  Oracle11g with ArcSDE 10.0

Locator style version : 9.2

I have 3 DB: 2 for development and 1 for users. I managed to rebuild the locators in my 2 DB in development using ArcCatalog 10.0, but not the one for users. Do I have to ask my users to log out?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MAPAQ_organisation_
New Contributor III

I forgot to specify that my locators are in my Oracle DB.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Your error says something about not accepting the user & password.  What user owns the locator?

I suggest that you not store locators as database objects. You can keep them in their own workspace and point to to data stored anywhere.

That should just about do it....
MAPAQ_organisation_
New Contributor III

Where can I find what user owns the locator? I'm connecting the db with db owner.

I have to keep them in the database because they are used by 50 users in different localtion.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sorry, I really can't give a hint as to see what user built the locator, as I'm not a Oracle kind of guy.  Somebody, somewhere created it though; it might take a few calls to find out.  If you were able to store your locators outside of the database, typically permissions issues and ownership issues go away.

I should ask, is the locator you are trying to rebuild part of a composite locator?  If so is that composite published through ArcGIS Server?  Or is the locator itself published via ArcGIS Server?  You you answer yes to either of these  server questions, you need to turn the published service off in order to rebuild.  The error might be generic.

Best of luck.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MAPAQ_organisation_
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have some new developments. It seems to be a damaged locator problem. I copied the locator in a Filebase, but I still could not rebuild it. So I opened edition to realize that the link of the reference table was in error. So I remade the link and I was able to rebuild the locator. Subsequently, I copied into my Oracle database and I still get there to rebuild it.

What I can not do its edit/repair my locator directly in my Oracle database. It is read-only, however, I have rights.

Regardless, it works with handling mentioned above

0 Kudos