My team is attempting to create a series of Story Map Tours in support of our organization, but is experiencing what appears to be a reproducible bug in the application configuration editor. It may be that we're using the tool incorrectly, but either way we'd appreciate any help &/or suggestions!
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new web map in our organizational AGOL account
- Save the map with appropriate permissions
- Select Share | Make a Web Application | Configurable Apps | Story Map Tour
- Publish | Save & Publish
At this point in the process, we get the following error. The template/editor seems to be expecting a particular set of attributes in our web map, but selecting any attribute for "Color" allows us to clear the message.
- After clearing the error, Save all changes (which succeeds)
- Add or Import images
- Organize images & content
- Save all changes
Every time we arrive at this point, the save fails, displaying this message:
We can successfully create Story Maps using other Configurable Apps, e.g. Story Map Series & Story Map Journal, but the Story Map Tour fails every time.
Thanks in advance for your help!