Using arcpy.ReconcileVersions_management...

Jump to solution
04-30-2015 01:26 PM
deleted-user-eL7_ccoObXzi
New Contributor II

Using arcpy.ReconcileVersions_management... What is contained in the output log file. I read the help and it offers a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This is what the help file offers...

out_log

(Optional)

Specify a name and location to where the log file will be written. The log file is an ASCII file containing the contents of the geoprocessing messages.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

The output log file will report all of the messages from the geoprocessing tool.  For example, if the version reconciled and posted successfully, if their were errors, etc.  Attached is an output from that you can take a look.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

The output log file will report all of the messages from the geoprocessing tool.  For example, if the version reconciled and posted successfully, if their were errors, etc.  Attached is an output from that you can take a look.

New Contributor II

Thanks! I don't see an attachment but we were hoping there was a way to list the conflicts between the versions. We want to use the tool to automate but our end users are reluctant to force all edits in favor of target or edit without some way track what happens. Because of our integrations with other systems using the abort flag is not an option. If this is only a success or failure log... it does not really help. I would be interested in seeing the attachment though.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Also, I am assuming that the log file will overwrite the previous log file rather than append to the existing log file? or will the os handle the renaming to something like log(2).txt, log(3).txt etc?

0 Kudos