Can not open the signin page

Jump to solution
04-28-2015 07:34 PM
TerryKwok
New Contributor II

Hi:

I open the browser and open the "arcgis.com" home page(www.arcgis.com/home). When I click the button "Sign in", It could not work. I wait for more than 10 minutes, try to change a different browser, clear the record and do anything I can. However it still dosen' work. I have used this computer to log in for a few times. Then I try to use it again. This problem occured. It happen very often.

I hope that you can figure out the reason and help me. Thanks a lot.

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Terry,

1) As mentioned by Jacob, you could first try clearing the cache in browser.

For Firefox, go to Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content. Click "Clear Now" twice.

2) Do a  "Forget Password" and log-in using the new credentials.

Think Location

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JacobTodd1
New Contributor III
  1. Have you completely closed and reopened your browser?
  2. Have you tried clearing your cache?
  3. Are you even getting to the sign screen when you click the Sign In button?
TerryKwok
New Contributor II

Thank you Jacob!

I use firefox as the browser and Win 7. I cannot even get to the sign screen when click the Sign In button. However, an hour later, I try again, it works. I still donot understand the reason. If I log into ArcGIS Online everyday, it work normally. But if I stopped for 3 or 4 days, this issue will occur. I don't know whether it is caused by the amazon cloud plant.

Very appreciate for your reply.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry, don't forget to come in and mark an answer (typically not your own) as correct Mark a reply as the Correct Answer so the question can be closed.

0 Kudos
JordanRogers
New Contributor III

What browser are you using?

If you are using Internet Explorer try updating your version.  Since the last ArcGIS Online upgrade it requires a newer version of IE. 

I ran into this issue with an old machine running Windows XP.  Since XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, you can not upgrade IE for XP past version 8.  This will no longer work with ArcGIS Online.  You can get around this by using Chrome or Firefox however, if you are trying to log into ArcGIS Online from ArcDesktop the only solution i could find was to upgrade my OS to Windows 7.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Terry,

1) As mentioned by Jacob, you could first try clearing the cache in browser.

For Firefox, go to Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content. Click "Clear Now" twice.

2) Do a  "Forget Password" and log-in using the new credentials.

Think Location
TerryKwok
New Contributor II

Thank you Jayata!

I did as you told me and It worked. Haha,  thank you very much!

0 Kudos