AnsweredAssumed Answered

relationship between features

Question asked by imgooch on Apr 27, 2015
Latest reply on May 5, 2015 by imgooch

Hello,

I've been doing a ton of reading on creating relationship classes in order to do something in particular but I still feel like I don't understand it and can't seem to make it work.  Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

I want to have 2 layers, sewer manholes and sewer pipes, related so that if I move a manhole, the vertex from the pipe that is snapped to it moves as well.  First, is a relationship class how this is done?  In my reading it would appear so but I never actually saw any instructions on how to make this specific functionality happen after the relationship class is created.  At this time, I do not want anything else to happen as far as the data itself being linked, just be able to move features together.  I suppose I was expecting some sort of model builder of sorts that would allow me to say something like "link layer A and layer B by vertex.  if feature in layer A moves, move coincident vertex in layer B" but after creating the relationship class I have no idea what the next step is.

Apparently I'm either doing something wrong or a relationship isn't the appropriate way to do this task.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Outcomes