Publishing a map service with a mosaic dataset (migrating from windows to linux)

04-24-2015 11:00 AM
DanDowning
Occasional Contributor

I have a map service that contains a single mosaic dataset. The mosaic dataset has four rasters loaded to it with a YEAR field denoting the year that raster represents. In the MXD I have enabled time. I have this service added to a flex viewer and use the time slider widget to animate the change from year to year. All of this is in ArcGIS desktop and Server 10.1 on windows server 2008 R2 (Service Pack 1). I am trying publish the same service using ArcGIS desktop and Server 10.3. The server is linux. I have imported my rasters to a new 10.3 geodatabase and recreated the mosaic using ArcGIS desktop 10.3. Everything looks and functions the same until it is published to the server. The service looks like this published with 10.1 on the windows server:

good.JPG

In 10.3 on linux the service looks like this:

bad.JPG

An obvious difference in the two methods is that the data is being copied to the server with the linux instance, but the data is being served, it just doesn't look right.

There are some good help documents for publishing mosaic datasets to linux as an image service, but I can't find much relating to mosaics and map services. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies