How do you change the map units returned on ArcGISRuntime 10.2.4 for .NET

04-24-2015 09:03 AM
stephenmoser
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am working on a project that requires the frequent usage of feet as the expected unit of input and output. We're using the .NET SDK with the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Controls.Mapview in WPF. Basically we have a flat map using the World_Imagery as the basemap, which we need for the user requirement.

I have tried looking and it looks like there is no way to set the units (from meters to feet) that our map is returning? That means all the geometry coming from the map will be in esriMeters. The problem with this is that we have to now "patch" up certain parts of our code where feet units are expected. Seems like a hassle to convert all this geometry coming from our esri map from meters to feet everywhere in our code when it should be able to be done by the map itself.

Is there anyway that we can set the units to be returned for the basemap? I need the geometry coming from the map to be in feet and not meters.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

I don't believe that you can change the units used in the Map. Have you tried setting the coordinate system of your map to a valid coordinate systems and then adding the basemap to it. The basemap would be reprojected on the server prior to being provided to the map.

0 Kudos