Reviewer Table Heights

10-25-2010 04:43 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Is there a way to select a row, and expand all rows to fit the text inside of the column, something akin to what I would be able to do inside of excel, where I can fit to height/width?  If not, this would be a nice enhancement to the Reviewer Table capability.  I can add to ideas if you want.  It seems like the grid should have more flexibility with formatting.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II
If you select and drag the top/bottom edge of a row you can adjust the height of the row based on the data available in it and this adjustment is automatically applied to all the rows available in the reviewer table. Similarly you can also adjust the width of the column from the header section of the reviewer table.

I would appreciate if you please explain your suggestion in detail.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Yep, I see what you mean for rows.  Thats good to know, not sure what you mean by columns.  I see that I can expand one column at a time, but only one.
0 Kudos
AnnaK
by
New Contributor II
Hi!
Did you find a solution for this issue? I spend way too much time adjusting the columns! If you change the table and then open the one you just adjusted all your work is gone again...any ideas to have it automated?

best
Anna
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
At this time, the column widths and row heights are not preserved when the table is closed and re-opened again. We currently have an enhancement submitted to save the table formatting, which includes the column ordering, with the Reviewer session.

In ArcGIS 10, you can use the auto-hide functionality for the Reviewer table if you are opening and closing the Reviewer table frequently during a single Reviewer session.

Regards,
michellej.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Any timeline on when the enhancement will be implemented, would this be a SP release or perhaps a 10.1, etc... type of enhancement.
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
The soonest would be 10.1.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Thank you Michelle, and thank you for the blog post.
0 Kudos