Aerial imagery shape file

04-23-2015 06:01 PM
JB
by
New Contributor III

​I am wondering if someone could refresh my memory. For a project at work I have to take aerial imagery from websites like NY clearinghouse and other sites for each town/county of NY And attach them to the map in arcgis. Can someone explain this process please. Am I attaching this to the town/county shape file. If you could let me know it would be much appreciated. Thank you For your help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Are you wanting to use the imagery as a basemap for the shapefiles, or just link the photo to a specific featur so it pops up when you click on it?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
Sol_Wuensch
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Dan, instead of cross posting isn't it possible to put the same question in multiple places?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

only if I am Moderator in both places, then I can consolidate them, Sol

JB
by
New Contributor III

​as a base map

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

J B,

do you want to use this in a dispatch mapping  software? If so, does your software use ESRI mxd's? If that is the case you can just add the aerials to that MXD and put them all the way to the bottom in your Table of Contents.

Tim

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Unless of course the image is not georeferenced. J.B. have you tried adding the images to ArcMap yet? If you have, and they didn't have gereferencing, let us know, otherwise it's an easy solution.