strange slider appearance with ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer

10-22-2010 05:58 AM
VuPham
by
New Contributor
When I display a map with ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, the slider just shows as a plus and minus signs. I cannot control the width or height. I already tried esriConfig.defaults.map.slider, such as
      esriConfig.defaults.map.slider = { right:"10px", top:"10px", width: null, height:"1200px" };
      esriConfig.defaults.map.zoomSymbol = {"color":[255,255,255,127],"outline":{"color":[255,0,0,255],"width":1.5,"style":"esriSLSDash"},"style":"esriSFSSolid"};

The maps I use are the ones that come with ESRI DVDs. USA_Base_Map and StreetMap_North_America from my local ArcGis Server 10.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Vu
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VuPham
by
New Contributor
I just tried with ESRI Sample servers, and have the same problem. Here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript">
  dojo.require("esri.map");
  var map;
  function init() {
    map = new esri.Map("mapDiv");
    var basemapURL= "http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Demographics/ESRI_Population_World/MapSer...";
    var basemap = new esri.layers.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer(basemapURL);
    map.addLayer(basemap);
  }
  dojo.addOnLoad(init);
</script>

Vu
0 Kudos
VuPham
by
New Contributor
My fault. I had a typo in declaring the style class name of this DIV.

Vu
0 Kudos
DanielYim
New Contributor II
I also have this same problem with a dynamic layer. Could you tell me which div tag you changed? Did you set the map div to class="claro"?
0 Kudos
DanielYim
New Contributor II
FYI, to hide the zoom slider for dynamic map services (where scales are not explicitly defined), add

dojo.connect(myMap, "onLoad", function(theMap) {
myMap.hideZoomSlider();
});

to your code.
0 Kudos