HEC-GeoHMS - can't generate project: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException erro

10-18-2010 12:39 PM
Labels (1)
JeffTang
New Contributor II
Trying to generate a new HEC-GeoHMS project and coming up with the following error when I click Generate Project:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.GetEnvironmentValue(String environmentName)
at HECGeoHMS9.GenerateProject.UpdateAHD(String rasterLocation, String vectorLocation, String ahProjName)

I was able to generate the project before with my draft files, but since finalizing our DEM, I can't seem to get past this error.  Any ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffTang
New Contributor II
I've ran the workspace on 2 computers...desktop and laptop...both using Win 7 64-bit and still the same error message.

I was trying to follow the tutorial at:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~vmerwade/education/geohms.pdf

In that example, they have a zip file that has all the raster datasets and a geohms.mdb which contains the necessary vector data.  I'm not sure how they got the vector data into the geohms.mdb...did they just copy the terrain preprocessing mdb file and rename it? or is their a method in setting that up?  the User Manual is vague on how to setup the HEC-GeoHMS process.  Perhaps someone can chime in on how they go about setting it up.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
jaimemaestre_amaya
New Contributor
Trying to generate a new HEC-GeoHMS project and coming up with the following error when I click Generate Project:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.GetEnvironmentValue(String environmentName)
at HECGeoHMS9.GenerateProject.UpdateAHD(String rasterLocation, String vectorLocation, String ahProjName)

I was able to generate the project before with my draft files, but since finalizing our DEM, I can't seem to get past this error.  Any ideas?

i have the same problem. I reinstall everything again and I came out this error with archydro tools 1.3 y HEC-GeoHMS 4.2.93 for ArcGIS 9.3. see the attached thumbnails
0 Kudos
YUTINGLin
New Contributor
I have the same problem.I came out this error with Arc Hydro and HEC-GeoHMS for ArcGIS 10 .1 (version 10.1, May 13 2013).Any way to solve it?
0 Kudos
AndrewMartinez1
New Contributor
I'm having the same problem.  What format is your DEM and what are the units of elevation?
0 Kudos
YUTINGLin
New Contributor
My DEM is 40mx40m and the units of elevation is m.
0 Kudos