Time taken to render a Graphic onto Map

Jump to solution
04-16-2015 11:04 PM
LinaYap1
New Contributor II

Hi I would like to benchmark time taken to render a Graphic object onto the map.

We are using ArcGIS Runtime for .NET, while using WPF to build the application.

Would like to know if ArcGIS Runtime do provide any API that we can guarantee that the layer/map had finished rendering (ie. the new Graphic

must be visible on the map)?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The events currently available on the MapView are described below. Currently there is no event to indicate the MapView has actually finished renderering, but we would like to add this in a future release.

- SpatialReferenceChanged - fired once when the SR for the MapView is established. Tells you when it is good to start adding Graphics.

- ExtentChanged - fired each time the Extent of the MapView changes. Useful in scenarios such as synchronizing multiple MapViews.

- NavigationCompleted - fired once at the end of a navigation sequence (in contrast to ExtentChanged which would fire multiple times as the Extent was changing during navigation).

If you are looking to optimize your use of Graphics - I recommend reviewing the performance considerations doc (Performance considerations—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers ).

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The events currently available on the MapView are described below. Currently there is no event to indicate the MapView has actually finished renderering, but we would like to add this in a future release.

- SpatialReferenceChanged - fired once when the SR for the MapView is established. Tells you when it is good to start adding Graphics.

- ExtentChanged - fired each time the Extent of the MapView changes. Useful in scenarios such as synchronizing multiple MapViews.

- NavigationCompleted - fired once at the end of a navigation sequence (in contrast to ExtentChanged which would fire multiple times as the Extent was changing during navigation).

If you are looking to optimize your use of Graphics - I recommend reviewing the performance considerations doc (Performance considerations—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers ).

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos