AGOL displays HTML code as part of my web browser's tab title

04-15-2015 10:06 PM
ScottMcGee4
New Contributor III

I created a web app via the Web AppBuilder and used HTML tags to customize the color of the map title. That works just fine, but the HTML tags are displayed in the title area of the web browser's tab.

Referring to the screenshot below, you can see that I've changed the color of the map title from the default white to yellow. I did this with the following code:

<font color="FFD700">Land Status within the <i>National Wildlife Refuges</i> of Alaska</font>

It properly changes the color of the map title, but the Web AppBuilder is using the entire text formatting string for the title of the web browser's tab. See how in the tab it shows <font color="FFD700">Lan ? I don't want that. It looks weird and unprofessional, but I don't see a way of having the HTML code not display in the browser tab.

By the way, I tested this in the current versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox. The HTML code snippet is displayed in the tabs of all three. So that tells me it's not a browser problem, but likely an issue with the way the AGOL Web AppBuilder creates the title for the browser tabs.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution to it?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies