AnsweredAssumed Answered

New user having issues with database connections

Question asked by DCSlatunn on Apr 15, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 by DCSlatunn

Hi,

We have a new user that is having weird issues with database connections.  He can create the connections and create a map, but when someone else tries to open the map there are broken links and we have to repair the datasource.  If we just try to re-set the datasource, we get an error "Bad login".

In addition, I have created an ArcObjects program that connects to a geodatabase and does stuff.  When this user trues to use my program, he gets an error "DBMS table not found....nameOfGDB.hisUserName.nameOfFeatureclass".  This is really weird because it should be looking for "nameOfGDB.DBO.nameOfFeatureclass" (where dbo is in place of hisUserName).

I have a feeling that this is all related, but I don't know where to start. In ArcCatalog, his connection is set up the same way as everyone else's.  The connection file that is in "C:\Users\ltunnell\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.0\ArcCatalog" looks the same (although most of it is garbled, you can see the main setup).  In may ArcObjects code, I can use either a propertySet or point to this connection file and he will get THE SAME error.  I am confused as to why his username is being inserted into the location where "DBO" should be.

-We are using Operating System Authentication.

-This is the only user with this problem

-We are currently using a hybrid system...although it is to change soon: Our ArcGIS Server and SDE is in version 10.0 and many of our users have upgraded ArcMap to 10.3.  All of the other users started using the system under a full 10.0 system...this is the first user we have had since the hybrid way of doing things.

If this is a 10.3 issue, we still have computers that run ArcMap 10.0 so I am not opposed to completely deleting his credentials and recreating them.  But, I don't want to do that if it is something else or if it is fixable in a different way.

Any ideas on what I can try???  Where I should look??

Thanks!

Outcomes