AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Runtime SDK vs ArcGIS Pro SDK - Desktop based questions

Question asked by mzdijjw2 on Apr 13, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 by mzdijjw2

Dear all,

I usually develop add-in for ArcMAP for version 10.0. On this version, I still use ArcObject SDK to create add-in, and I still need ArcGIS Engine license to create a standalone desktop application.

Now the technology has improved. When it comes to ArcGIS 10.3, I see many things are new. There are ArcGIS Runtime SDK (ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net | ArcGIS for Developers)) and also ArcGIS Pro SDK that will be released soon (ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET Coming Soon | ArcGIS Blog ). This leads me to several questions for this new ArcGIS version 10.3.

Is the ArcGIS Runtime SDK the new "ArcObject SDK" that we used to create Add-In? What is the different of ArcGIS Runtime SDK and ArcGIS Pro SDK? Will there be any additional requirement to make a standalone application compare with an add-in development, considering currently for ArcGIS 10.0 a standalone desktop app development needs an ArcGIS Engine license while an Add-In development does not. Do we need to purchase any license to download the ArcGIS Runtime SDK and ArcGIS Pro SDK? Can I use ArcGIS Runtime SDK with my ArcGIS desktop 10.0 if I fulfill the ArcGIS Runtime SDK requirements, such as what is stated here: System requirements—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers ?

Any explanation will be much appreciated.

Marvin

Outcomes