AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can ArcGIS work with CORS when using IE 10?

Question asked by abjones on Apr 13, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 by abjones

Microsoft says IE 10+ is CORS enabled. XMLHttpRequest enhancements (Windows)

"Internet Explorer 10 adds support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) with respect to the XMLHttpRequest (XHR) object."

My site works with  CORS as expected using latest Chrome, Firefox and Opera browser; but not with IE 10 or IE 11;  IE works when web page originates from same server as ArcGIS therefore not using CORS.

Can anyone describe steps done to get ArcGIS running under IIs7 server to work using CORS with queryTask and IE10 , or IE11 browser?

Thanks and Good Health! Blair

Another day and, perhaps, another insight. It seems that CORS is working with IE and ArcGIS.  But I am not sure ArcGIS is working properly under IE.  I have several feature layers for which I construct and execute queryTask functions. This works cross-domain using Chrome, firefox, and Opera with no errors detected.  But in Cross-Domain using IE 10 only one of the queryTasks completes; when I run the same code from the ArcGIS server using IE non-CORS all the queryTask functions complete.  I'll try coding the queryTask fucntions as a sequence where one finishes before the next is executed and see if that makes any difference to IE.  I'll report back.

Thanks and Good Health! Blair

Outcomes