ArcGIS for Server Deauthorization

Jump to solution
04-09-2015 02:15 PM
HaroldFeinberg1
New Contributor

How does one deauthorize a ArcGIS for Server 10.1 - 10.3?

I need to migrate my license from an older server to a newer server.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

As stated by Anthony, ArcGIS Server does not have a de-authorize process and the expectation is that if you were to use the authorization on a new system that you would then go back to the old system and remove the software from that system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That's a good question.  It's easy to figure out on Desktop, but not Server.  I may need to do the same thing in the near future, so I was looking around too, and so far haven't found any good steps for "deauthorizing".

It may require a call to you customer service rep.  ??

EDIT:  check out Deauthorizing ArcGIS Server 10    same topic.  summary, sounds like you don't deauthorize, but instead use the same ECP.   If I remember correctly, it may take the customer rep to allow additional authorization with the same ecp, even if your myesri says 0/1.  That is just something I have floating around my memory.

AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

There's no way to De-authorize ArcGIS Server as can be done in Desktop. Use the same authorization code on the new server and uninstall the old server. That should work. In certain cases you might have to call in for a sort of reset.

DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

As stated by Anthony, ArcGIS Server does not have a de-authorize process and the expectation is that if you were to use the authorization on a new system that you would then go back to the old system and remove the software from that system.

0 Kudos
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Dear Dennis,

If We have to change the IP address of the ArcGIS Server Machine.

what Shall we do ?

uninstall the ArcGIS Server software then install it again after changing the IP address.

Will the license operate with no issue?

0 Kudos
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello Reda,

This is a great question. If the system only has ArcGIS Server on it, then there is no need to perform anything with the ArcGIS Server. Make the IP address change and restart the system and the ArcGIS Server should function as if nothing has changed.

On the other hand, if you have any ArcGIS Desktop/Pro/License Server Administrator on the system this will cause issues with changing the IP address. Is this just an ArcGIS Server machine?

RedaAli
New Contributor III

Thanks Dennis for valuable feedback

No, the server also has arcgis desktop  installed but the licence for desktop is taken 

from another server & web adaptor also installed

Please, would you advice me what shall we  do to solve this issue Dennis

0 Kudos
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Reda,

Thanks for the response. Based off what you have told me, there should be no issue with changing the IP address of the system where this is installed. You state your Desktop product consumes a con-current use license located on another machine and the only other software component is the web adaptor. The only issue would be if you registered the web adaptor with the IP address. If you did not use an IP address to register the web adaptor you should be fine.

AS before making any changes please make sure you have a valid backup.

RedaAli
New Contributor III

!Great

Thank you Dennis

0 Kudos
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello Reda,

I just wanted to follow up and see if that was the response you were looking for at this time?

Dennis