How to display 3D point data in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
04-09-2015 07:29 AM
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am working with earthquake data and I want to show the depth of each incident but I can´t display it in ArcGIS Pro. I added my point data, It showed as a 3d layer. However, when I changed the appearance to extrude my point features, they were no longer visible. I tried displaying this data using ArcScene and it worked just fine. Is there any configuration that I need to do before displaying 3D point data in ArcGIS Pro?

Attached is an image of how my data looks in ArcScene.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Gabo - go to the Layer Properties -> Elevation and set the "Features are:  Relative to the Ground."  What is your result?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Gabo - go to the Layer Properties -> Elevation and set the "Features are:  Relative to the Ground."  What is your result?

GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

It did work, although the points displayed completely different as they did in ArcScene, and the points disappear when I zoom out, or when I just navigate around. Any thoughts why this is happening?

Thanks

earthquake_data_pro.JPG

0 Kudos
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

never mind!..problem solved!

LeeTupuola
New Contributor

Hi Gabriel,

How was this solved? 

Cheers,

0 Kudos
YorladyVela2
New Contributor III

Hi,, I have a similiar question, I have depht data and I configured the  elevation as relative to the ground but the data are taken like height and not like depth, what else I have to do? Thanks

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yorlady, attached is the source for a Data Interpoerability Spatial ETL tool that converts USGS-style quake feed GeoJSON to file geodatabase including writing to a custom feature dataset that enables Z values below the default domain limit of -10000.  Note the startup script.  The conversion is from kilometres depth positive down to metres positive up.