Adding a Custom Geocoder to ArcGIS online

Jump to solution
04-07-2015 03:32 PM
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Hey all

I'm having some issues adding a custom geocoder to ArcGIS online. The geocoder is working, it's been successfully published to one of our servers and I can add it to ArcMap and successfully use it to find roads. It was built using Arc Map 10.3

When adding it to AGOL I fill out all the details, click 'ok', then hit save. The website then hangs, I get a loading icon and that's it. I have tried it on different browsers, different machines, hosting the geocoder on different servers (10.2 and 10.3) and using a different AGOL user account.

Any one know whats going on?

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Discovered the problem (cheers Malachy Carey​). We had custom basemaps set in My Organization > Edit Settings > Map. Changed these to the default ESRI ones and we were successfully able to add a geocoder to our utility services. We could then change the basemaps back to our custom ones.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MalachyCarey
Esri Contributor

Hi Hamish,

I'm picking up your posting on NZEUG and Geonet regarding not being unable to add a geocoder to ArcGIS Online. I tried the same URL here and it worked almost instantly. The URL itself looks OK, I can access the REST Endpoint and it appears to be fine.

Are you adding the URL as a general item to My Content, or as an organization geocoder in My Organization > Edit Settings > Utility Services > Geocoding?

Can you try adding it again and see what happens, in case it was a temporary problem?

Can you log a support call with Eagle and we can take this further?

Regards,

Malachy Carey

GIS Technical Support

Eagle Technology Ltd

0 Kudos
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Malachy,

I am adding it as a organization geocoder. I just tried again and have had no luck. Still hanging after I click save.

Cheers

Hamish

0 Kudos
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Discovered the problem (cheers Malachy Carey​). We had custom basemaps set in My Organization > Edit Settings > Map. Changed these to the default ESRI ones and we were successfully able to add a geocoder to our utility services. We could then change the basemaps back to our custom ones.

0 Kudos