Directions dijit - printTemplate property?

Jump to solution
04-02-2015 02:36 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the API documentation, there is a 'printTemplate' property listed in the constructor options of the Directions dijit.

The availability of this propery suggests to me, along with the available css properties, that print page displayed by this dijit could be customized (e.g., to add some basic branding/styling that is consistent with the application using the dijit).  Unless I'm missing something, there is no real clarification of how to use this property.  It seems that if I set this property, then the print page displayed by the Directions dijit is replaced entirely with HTML string that is provided.  A far as I can tell, this means that if I wanted to adjust the appearance of this page.  Is there a structure, and/or a set of format strings that I should follow if I want to make use of this property?  Would I have to re-construct all of the printTemplate HTML for each new set of directions.  This would have to be done every time new directions are returned, as well...since the HTML elements for these need to be dynamic.

Is there a proper way to control the appearance of this print page presented by the directions dijit, or should it be accepted as-is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Matt Driscoll​ created a github repo with a Print Directions template for the Directions widget.  This template can be used to customize the widget's print page.

driskull/print-directions · GitHub

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Matt Driscoll​ created a github repo with a Print Directions template for the Directions widget.  This template can be used to customize the widget's print page.

driskull/print-directions · GitHub

HoriaTudosie
Occasional Contributor II

Unfortunately, this is not about the print template, but about the print page, that would be another technique for customizing the print page.

Print Template would be a lot easier way to print, but there is no documentation on whatever placeholders or classes for creating the template...

0 Kudos