AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recover data from an Android device?

Question asked by azendel on Mar 30, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 by emichael

Yesterday I created a new feature, tapped 'stream' and verified that the system was actively recording GPS data by walking around the parking lot.  Then I took off on my mountain bike to map some new trails for my community and the non-profit groups that make these trails possible.  When I got back to the car, Collector was unresponsive - all that was shown under the blue banner with the name of the project was a spinning circle, the type of graphic that typically indicates that something is loading.  When I pulled into my driveway 10 minutes later, the spinning circle was still there and the app was otherwise unresponsive.  So I killed Collector and restarted it. I navigated to the project, but the line that I had attempted to record was completely absent, including the segment that I saw while in the parking lot. 

Is it possible to recover the data from my phone?  I have found the ArcGIS_Collector/offline_data folder, but it's empty.  If it's not recoverable, what I can do to prevent this loss in the future?

I'm running a LG G2 with Collector 10.3

Outcomes