unable to load arcobject tool on arcgis 9.3.1

10-05-2010 04:14 AM
YashikaSareen
New Contributor
Hi everyone!!!

I made a tool using c#.when i add that .tlb file to arcmap on my system,it works perfectly but while testing this tool on other machines with the same arcgis version 9.3.1 it doesn't load the tlb file and shows the message "no new objects added".......i have read several threads n tried all possible measures such as component registry,regasm etc but nothing worked....somewhere it is written that the other machine should also contain the dotnet framework but it is not possible in my case....is there any other way so that i can implement the tool on other machine???its really urgent n important.........
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
If you wrote a tool in C# and the client machine doesn't have the .NET Framework installed then it will not work.
0 Kudos
YashikaSareen
New Contributor
r u sure...is there no way to test the tool made in c# on other machines which do not contain dot net framework......not even a single way???
0 Kudos
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
YashikaSareen
New Contributor
but neil i think windows 7 already contain the dot net framework.i need not to install it again.still the tool does not load...it shows no new objects added.can u help in this error
0 Kudos
YashikaSareen
New Contributor
I have another machine of same configuration with vs2005 installed on it.On that machine also i  again added the .tlb file in arcmap but still it does not load.although it get loaded on my machine with no problem.can any1 guess wat could be the problem
0 Kudos