Enhanced Search Widget 1.1.1 Issue

Jump to solution
03-26-2015 12:35 PM
LukeMiles1
New Contributor II

First off, thanks so much Robert for taking to time to include a feature that I mentioned on here before:

"If "Add result as operational layer" is selected then the Attribute Table widget will display the results of the search after each search"

I was testing the widget out and I came across a bit of an issue. After doing maybe 1-2 searches, the attribute table will create a results tab but will not populate it with the result. The search results tab will hang and just spin like it's thinking (and it will spin forever). I'll attach an image to show what I mean.

Just let me know if there's anything that can be done and thanks again for adding that feature.

ADDENDUM: I've run a few more tests and the hang up happens when changing the search layers. I'll either get a "Search Failed" or "No Results".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Luke,

Wow you were spot on and I can't believe that I or no one else found this bug till now. It is a simple issue of me not resetting the expression selected index when the layer is changes (one line of code).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will get a new version out with the fix ASAP.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Luke,

Can you share what your web console says when this issue appears. It is likely something intrernal to the Attribute Table widget but if I can find a workaround like I did for getting it to work the way it is in 1.1.1 I willing to try. I really don't plan to tinker under the hood of the Attribute table widget so hopefully I can find a work around I can put in my code.

LukeMiles1
New Contributor II

Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply. Attached is the Web Console response to the searches. I tried it a couple more time just to make sure I was replicating the issue. Let me know if this is what you were wanting.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Luke,

It looks like the error is coming from the eSearch widget and may have something to do with your configuration or may not.

1. Can you share your config_Enhanced Search.json with me?
  2. Does this error only happen on one particular layer and one particular expression?
LukeMiles1
New Contributor II

Certainly,

Attached is the json.

The error will happen on either layer that I switch to sometimes. For this particular app I have 3 search layers: "Champion Trees", "Significant Trees" and "Trees". I don't ever receive errors from the first default search layer (Champion Trees), but when I change the search layer to either of the others it sometimes breaks down.

I was looking at the web console myself and I noticed some very odd searches myself.

Specifically:

"CIRCUMFERE <= American Elm"

I have no idea how that expression came to be. The circumference input should always be an number/double.

Thanks for all of the help.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Luke,

Wow you were spot on and I can't believe that I or no one else found this bug till now. It is a simple issue of me not resetting the expression selected index when the layer is changes (one line of code).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will get a new version out with the fix ASAP.

LukeMiles1
New Contributor II

Robert,

It seems that we may have found and solved that issue, but the original issue I was having with the attribute table hanging is still there.

Here's the web console log for the error. It looks like an attribute table widget issue but I'm not entirely sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Luke,

What are your steps you follow to get it to error on you. I have tested all the search layers and all expressions and have yet got it to error on me using your config json.

0 Kudos
LukeMiles1
New Contributor II

Robert,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have been using the widget for a property search. The first search always works and displays in the attribute table (both searching by Shape and Attribute work)

The second search, either by shape or attribute, generates that error message in the console and the attribute results layer will just spin.

I did notice that it does return results from inside the widget, I am not sure if that is anything definitive between your widget and the Attribute Table widget.

Just let me know. Thanks for all of your help.

EDIT: I forgot to attach the config.json for the app

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Luke,

There is some detail I am missing yet.... I use your json you attached and search by attribute for 1904 Hercules Ave. Then I use the search by shape and click on parcels going South of the original selection and then south of that new one and time after time the results display in the attribute table widget... So I though maybe he is clearing the results and then executing the search, so I tried that and still it works fine.

So is there some more info you can give me to test? I am using your data, WAB 1.1 Version 1.1.2 of eSearch and the latest FireFox.

0 Kudos