ArcGIS Pro display cache & update issues

03-26-2015 06:23 AM
MichaelNesius
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have suggestions for how to set Pro (e.g. its cache settings) so changes are immediately visible in the display and attributes table?

I currently have issues with things like the 'highlight' from selected features not getting refreshed-off the display when they're unselected. I also recently had an issue where my new values for a calculate field wouldn't show up in the attribute table (but when I exported the features the new values were in the new shapefile).  I've experienced these issues with both the 'Keep the cache between sessions. Invalidate the cache when data is updated' and the ' and the 'Don't cache any data locally' options selected.

thanks,

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

The display cache settings have to with visualization only, they don't control anything to do with GDB schema not showing up.

However since the UI is essentially "accelerated" (uses WPF, which uses desktop compositing,etc) your best first step would be to update your graphics chipset driver from the manufacturer's website (NOT from windows update).  Hopefully this might fix any weird UI refresh issues you've got.

Give it a shot, and give Support a call if you're still having issues.