Data Interop authorized but not installed in 10.3 trial?

Jump to solution
03-24-2015 05:36 PM
ChrisAtkinson1
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to demo ArcMap 10.3 for my archery club so they can buy it...but Data Interop Extension is crucial for importing legacy GPX and KML data.

Have installed 10.3 trial.  ArcMap is working and Admin shows Data Interop is authorized but not installed. Researched and found out Interop is a separate install in a separate folder on the "the media" or iso image.  That all sounds fine, except the trial registration & account confirmation ends up here ArcGIS Free Trial | Learn ArcGIS and a download link that does not seem to include the Data Interop installation.

The Data Interop store page has a free trial link, but that loops back to the main 10.3 trial request process.

Hoping I just missed something easy/silly.  Any advice on getting 10.3 Data Interop installed in trial mode?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Data Interop is normally provided as a separate install. Not sure how it is provided with the trial version.

The is however a GPX to Feature tool included in all versions of ArcGIS: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

and you can also import KML files (KML to Layer tool) without Data Interop: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
XanderBakker

Data Interop is normally provided as a separate install. Not sure how it is provided with the trial version.

The is however a GPX to Feature tool included in all versions of ArcGIS: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

and you can also import KML files (KML to Layer tool) without Data Interop: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

AndySmith
Esri Contributor

It does not appear that Data Interoperability is available to download from the trial. I have raised this with Esri.

AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Just as a follow up to this I raised this with the Esri design team. Data Interoperability, Workflow Manager and Data Reviewer have now been included as a separate download within the trial as a result. The downloads may be found under "Trial Downloads".

Trial.png

XanderBakker

Hi Andy Smith​, thanks for the follow-up. +1 for that.

A small side note, it is normally not done to mark your own answer as helpful, although I totally agree that your answer is helpful.

0 Kudos
ChrisAtkinson1
New Contributor II

Thanks for following up, Andy! Your effort is appreciated.

0 Kudos
ChrisAtkinson1
New Contributor II

Thanks both Andy and Xander.

The import tools are workable.  KML one seems to only want to import points or lines but not both at the same time.  But perhaps this is just due to my novice skill level.  I have worked around it in the mean time.

Thanks very much for your help.  I wish I was allowed to mark both answers as "correct". 

Cheers

0 Kudos