Web App Builder - data not visible on mobile

03-24-2015 02:44 PM
ElizabethHigh
New Contributor III

I have built a web application using the Web App Builder on arcgis.com. I would like the map to be visible publicly. I based the app off of an online map I created using a service I shared from ArcMap to my company's ArcGIS Server. When I shared the service, I checked the box that says this data will be shared with "Everyone." Before I saved the online map, I clicked the "Share" button and checked the "Everyone" box here too.

I went into the Server Manager and verified that the service has no security on it. It says it is visible to the public.

The features from the service (points and lines) are visible to me when I launch the app and look at it on my computer. However, when I try to view it on mobile devices (an android phone and an iphone) one of two things happens:

1. It requires that I sign in to arcgis.com (this shouldn't be happening because it should be visible to the public, not just people with an arcgis.com account)

2. The app and basemap load, but the features are not visible

Is there another place where I need to check a box or make some kind of choice that the data be public, other than the three that I mentioned (on the service publisher wizard, when sharing the online map, and at the Server Manager level)? If not, does anyone know why this is happening? I recently created another web app using arcgis.com with data hosted on our server and did not encounter this problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

I know this is an old post but still no answers here. I have the same question, same issue today. 

0 Kudos
DeidreWolf
Esri Contributor

Hello, here are a couple of things you can try:

1. First open and incognito window and see if you can access the Rest Endpoint of the Server Service without signing in.
  2. Try the same test mentioned in step 1 outside of your network.
  3. If steps 1 and 2 are successful, then we can rule out the server service as the issue.
  4. Next, in ArcGIS Online, under Organization settings> click Security on the left-hand side and check if "Anonymous Access" is enabled. This needs to be enabled to make an application available to the public.
  5. If the above is enabled next you will need to check the configuration of any widgets in the application. For example, any widget that allows for search, are there layers enabled for that widget that aren't public?

I suggest if none of the above resolve the issue, log a ticket with tech support. 

0 Kudos