Web optimizer : "new build" button seems dead ?

Jump to solution
03-24-2015 02:39 AM
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

Hello everyone.

First attempt to use the web optimizer. I log in and hit the "new build" button. And then... nothing happens. Not on Chrome, not on FF, not on IE. Not on my professional computer on a company network, and not on my home computer on public network.

The console has something to say too.

Is this a known issue ? Is there a workaround ? Or did I miss something I needed to set up ?

Thanks for input !

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

The same thing happened to me. The reason the New Build button did not work for me was because I was not logged in using my Developer account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

The same thing happened to me. The reason the New Build button did not work for me was because I was not logged in using my Developer account.

MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

Oh hell. So indeed the behaviour is different depending on whether I use a personal AGOL account or an account name from an AGOL organization ; the catch is you don't even have to specify the organization. So indeed this solves the problem. Thank you !

ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, it's a little odd. I think the JSO is still a project in progress, as there should probably be a notification of some sort to let you know you need a developer account to use it. I had the same issue first time I tried it.

0 Kudos
LloydHeberlie
Occasional Contributor

You need to use one of the following:

• ArcGIS Online organization or ArcGIS for Developers account.

The help link in the Web Optimizer will take you to this page: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jshelp/inside_web_optimizer.html#prereq where the prerequisites are listed. FYI, for the next release we have also added a warning when a user logs in with an account that does not have access to the build system.

web-optimizer-invalid-user.png

Lloyd

0 Kudos