ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 Home Use installation

Jump to solution
03-22-2015 02:13 AM
GuyDillen
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm new to ArcGIS and a little but confused as to if I need to install the license manager or not for my ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 Home Use edition.

Introduction to installing and configuring ArcGIS for Desktop—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop mentions:

1. Install the ArcGIS License Manager (if a 10.3 license manager does not already exist for your use). If you intend to use ArcGIS for Desktop as a single-use version only, you do not need to install ArcGIS License Manager. For ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3 applications, the ArcGIS 10.3 License Manager is required. See more information on installing the License Manager.

ArcGIS Desktop single-use you do not need ArcGIS License Manager. ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3 applications requires the License Manager: does this mean that as from ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 (but not the older versions) I need a License Manager or is ArcGIS for 10.3 Desktop different from ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3 applications?

Thanks.

Guy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Guy,

If your license codes start with "ESU" then you do not need to install the license manager as they are for Single Use, see the following guides to help you:

ArcGIS Desktop Single Online

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Guy,

If your license codes start with "ESU" then you do not need to install the license manager as they are for Single Use, see the following guides to help you:

ArcGIS Desktop Single Online

GuyDillen
New Contributor

Thanks for the help.

Guy

0 Kudos