Crowd sourced story map template?

Jump to solution
03-21-2015 06:58 AM
CWalz
by
New Contributor II

Is the crowd sourced story map template going to be available soon? I'm really excited to give that a try.  I'm enjoying watching how some of the get populated over time. For example:  https://crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/women-in-tech.

If it is available I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

You are correct, we have not made a template available yet. The stories you see using this template are only a prototype and not ready for everyone to use at this point. We have set this app as a high priority but it will still be a few months before we have anything to share.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

You are correct, we have not made a template available yet. The stories you see using this template are only a prototype and not ready for everyone to use at this point. We have set this app as a high priority but it will still be a few months before we have anything to share.

RazvanDumbrava
New Contributor

Any news about this template? I saw many application on storymaps gallery...

Share your view for GIS Day!  or Adventure Friday .

https://crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/share-your-viewDo you have any estimated deadline for this kind of template?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Razvan,

We are aiming to have the first release of the Story Map Crowdsource app ready for the Q1 2016 release of ArcGIS Online (current scheduled for late Feb 2016).

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RazvanDumbrava
New Contributor

Hello,

Any news about the date of release for Story Map Crowdsource app?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Razvan -- We are still hoping to have the initial release of Crowdsource ready to release in Feb, but there is a possibility we could push to the beginning of June. If the release is in June we may have a downloadable version available that you will be able to get earlier than that if you are able to host apps on your own. We'll post info about that on GeoNet, if needed.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
jamiehollingsworth
New Contributor II

I am very interested in the availability of a crowd sourced storymap.  I have created a website where users can upload a photo that then populates a storymap but it is very simple and will likely break under high use.  The availability of a crowd sourced template could be the solution for this scientific project.  I should add this project is currently being funded my multiple government agencies (NASA, National Science Foundation, and Forest Service) to document the impacts of climate change on traditional land use by Native Alaskans.  I would also like to know if this is a project that anyone from the ESRI storymap team would be interested in showcasing.

CelesteWalz
Occasional Contributor

Very cool project!

0 Kudos
MichelleHovi
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

Have the new crowd sourcing story maps been released?

I noticed there are a number of crowd sourcing templates now available on ArcGIS Online (Crowd Source Polling, Reporter, and Manager).  I have configured the Reporter template and am unable to have users "participate" or submit a form for new, or edits on existing features, nor can I configure the form users would use to submit.

Am I configuring something wrong or does this have to do with the release?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Michelle and Jamie,

Thanks for your interest. The Story Maps Crowdsource app is scheduled for the Summer 2016 release of ArcGIS Online. I apologize for the delay. We have been waiting for some key enhancements to the ArcGIS Platform that we need to take advantage of to make this a great hosted app, and those are almost in place.

As stated above, we may have a download before summer, so watch GeoNet for an announcement of that.

Michelle -- As far as your questions about the currently available crowdsource apps, I think the best place on GeoNet to ask about those is either the Solutions or ArcGIS Online Templates place.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos