ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt , will be available with mingw or only msvc in win enviroment

Jump to solution
03-19-2015 07:45 AM
VentsislavStanchev
New Contributor

when try to test to build example: templates for ArcGIS runtime sdk with Qt 5.4.1 with mingw compiler have these results:

qrc:/qml/main.qml:16 plugin cannot be loaded for module "ArcGIS.Runtime": Cannot load library E:/QT/Qt5.4.1/5.4/mingw491_32/qml/ArcGIS/Runtime/ArcGISRuntimePlugind.dll: The specified procedure could not be found.

int qMain(int, char**) QObject(0x0)

Error: Your root item has to be a Window.

And ole32.lib not find.

so the question is:

will be available ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt compatible with mingw or only msvc  and opengl in win enviroment

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

We don't have plans to support mingw. As of 10.2.6 release, we support the msvc2013 compiler with ANGLE. If you would like to see us support mingw in the future, I suggest you log an enhancement on ideas.arcgis.com so that the community can see the enhancement and vote on it.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

If you are only targeting Windows with your app, we only support msvc with opengl. Mingw will not work.

Does this help?

0 Kudos
VentsislavStanchev
New Contributor

hi Eric,

i know for win targeting work with qt msvc with opengl,

i asking do you have planing to make and support for mingw because have many apps created with qt and mingw where for integration the graeat Arcgis Enginge Runtom sdk for qt is not compatible.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

We don't have plans to support mingw. As of 10.2.6 release, we support the msvc2013 compiler with ANGLE. If you would like to see us support mingw in the future, I suggest you log an enhancement on ideas.arcgis.com so that the community can see the enhancement and vote on it.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos