Unable to load services outside of network

03-18-2015 02:58 PM
MikeFrey
New Contributor

I have published multiple services using ArcGIS for Server. Using both ArcGIS Online and The Flex viewer, I am able to see the layers and work with them inside of our network however the map service layers will not load on a computer outside of our network. I have tried ESRI support with no resolution. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbdulFatah
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

May it's problem about domain issue. By default, Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight web applications are not allowed to access web services that reside outside the domain where the application is hosted.

When the Cross-domain Policy Files feature is enabled, two cross-domain policy files will be installed in the IIS web server root folder:  crossdomain.xml for Adobe Flash applications and clientaccesspolicy.xml for Microsoft Silverlight applications.

You can limit access to specific web server resources, for example, folders, files, types of requests, and protocols, by creating or modifying a cross-domain policy file. To learn how to do this, see the following:

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

What error did you receive? Channel.security.error?

Did Esri Support Services request a capture from a tool called 'fiddler'?

Are the services in your application referenced via a hostname, or a FQDN?

0 Kudos
MikeFrey
New Contributor

Channel Security Error

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you share your application URL?

0 Kudos