Create Replica from local SDE to AGOL

Jump to solution
03-18-2015 10:28 AM
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know if it's possible to replicate and/or synchronize data between a local SDE feature class and ArcGIS online? I want to make some data public that is inside our firewall - but it will have to be a copy to AGOL.  Yes, I could replace the data each time there is a change on the local dataset, but seems like there might be an easier way. The local SDE could be in Portal but is not now. I'm just looking to have a read-only child replica in AGOL for public consumption.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to create a replica to AGOL.  One option is to publish the data to an ArcGIS Server instance.  You can then use this service in AGOL.

Another option you could pursue is creating a script to overwrite the service in AGOL.  So, when an update occurs, you can execute the script to overwrite the existing service.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to create a replica to AGOL.  One option is to publish the data to an ArcGIS Server instance.  You can then use this service in AGOL.

Another option you could pursue is creating a script to overwrite the service in AGOL.  So, when an update occurs, you can execute the script to overwrite the existing service.