AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bad Elf and Apple Device Problem

Question asked by destrada2 on Mar 17, 2015
Latest reply on May 14, 2015 by destrada2

I have been evaluating the Bad Elf GNSS Surveyor with the following devices: iPhone 6 (iOS 8.2), iPhone 6+ (iOS 8.2), iPad Mini 3 (iOS 8.2).

Bad Elf GNSS SURVEYOR: BE-GPS-3300.

The issues I have been experiencing are difficultly pairing three units to the Bad Elf. Keeping connection once paired. The Bad Elf is supposed to be able to be used by 5 devices at one time. My unit will not connect with one unit for a length of time much less three.

I can sometimes keep connection to one unit at a time but once the bluetooth is turned off on the unit connection can't be re-established. Currently, none of the devices will pair. An error message will flash quickly onscreen ("This Accessory is not supported by this iPad or iPhone")

I reset the iPad and was able to maintain a connection long enough to check the firmware on the Bad Elf before I lost the connection.

I don't believe it is a software issue as I am running Collector for ArcGIS, but I am not ruling it out at this time.

In the field I also noticed loss of accuracy if I touched the receiver or if I wore the receiver on the lanyard even if I kept the receiver's view unobstructed.

If anyone else has experienced

I would very much appreciate any technical support for this issue.

Outcomes