SUMMATION USING ARC MAP(RASTER CALCULATOR)

03-17-2015 12:10 PM
deepa_davis
New Contributor

WHILE CALCULATION  AN EXPRESSION HOW TO PERFORM SUMMATION WHICH IS NOT FOUND IN RASTER CALCULATOR.

0 Kudos
39 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Move to the Spatial Analyst Place in order to get an answer.

Summation is accomplished using the Plus tool in ArcToolbox, spatial Analyst Tools

0 Kudos
deepa_davis
New Contributor

Sir i mean calculation from (i=0 to m a/b)

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Summation (I assume you mean adding pixel locations between rasters) in the Raster Calculator is achieved through the plus sign.

GUID-6B5422E4-FA0A-4D23-AB69-B3CD666BC832-web.png

0 Kudos
deepa_davis
New Contributor

I mean summation of values from i=0 to i=24 (not simple addition).summation(sigma) is not found in rater calculator.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Their is no sigma...you either select and add the grids one at a time using the raster calculator or the Plus tool within a loop in a script that you will have to write.

0 Kudos
deepa_davis
New Contributor

it is an equation to find sediment delivery ratio ,where equation is exponential summation of length of i th cell divided by slope of the i th cell

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Okay...You seem to be having an issue with my translation....so here are my comments and interpretations of what you need to do...

1. there is no automagic summation for everything button... if the tool doesn't exist, then you have to emulate it
  2. you need to do the summation of part of an equation
  3. hence, break your workflow down into bits, one of which is summation of whatever you want the cumulative sum down
  4. throw the result of 3 into the equation
  5. any equation can be automated and scripted
  6. show your equation and a list of your inputs
0 Kudos
deepa_davis
New Contributor

esri.JPG

0 Kudos
deepa_davis
New Contributor

but after summation i will get only one value right ? i need in raster form which contain details of each cell

0 Kudos