Raster to Raster Calculations

09-15-2010 07:02 AM
ZacharyMetz
New Contributor
I have an Isopach (float) Raster and a Slope (float) Raster  which are clipped to the same extents.  I want to extract Isopach Values for Slope Values greater than 10 degrees.  How do I accomplish this task.  Using Spatial Analyst I Sampled the data but have yet to interpolate those data points to accomplish the task because it is tedious to create the complex polygons for clipping boundary.  I was hoping I could perform a simple Raster to Raster query.  I am a novice using VB Script and have never used python. Using raster calculator (VB Script) I was able to create a true false raster (1,0) that allowed me to view the extents of the Isopach along those areas but I want to retain the Isopach values.  If this can be accomplished using raster calculator please reply with code.  Thanks!  Unfortunately, I cannot provide sample data it is proprietary.

*I found an acceptable workaround.  Using ArcScan I created polygon features of the Slope Raster >10°.  I then clipped the Isopach to the newly created boundaries.  Still if anyone has any suggestions about how to perform this task based on raster to raster queries please reply*
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertBerger
New Contributor III
Hi Zach,

You should be able to use the spatial analyst CON function to accomplish this task. In your case the CONdition is if raster1 (slope) > 10 then raster2 (isopach). This will give you a new raster output with all the values where slope is greater than 10.

Robert
0 Kudos