jvondracek

Search Version 10 Content Only

Discussion created by jvondracek on Sep 15, 2010
I don't think that means what you think it means.  If you are searching with the "Search Version 10 Content Only" radio button selected, wouldn't you expect to get results that were only applicable to ArcGIS 10.x?  This is not the case.  It appears that the results are actually coming from the "new version" of the Resource Center as opposed to the old forums, etc.

Example: I searched for "3d symbols in legend" with the default "Search Version 10 Content Only" selected.  The 344 results have "All Version 10" at the top.  The very first result is for a Knowledge Base article about a bug in Versions 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 and 9.3.1 of ArcGIS (http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=33063).  The Knowledge Base article doesn't mention ArcGIS 10 at all.  So this "Version 10" business on the Resource Center site is a bit of a misnomer... unless this is Version 10 of the Resource Center.  But nowhere on the site does it say that.  I think most users would assume that the "Version 10" refers to ArcGIS 10 or ArcGIS Server 10 or some such.

Sidebar: Bug NIM008681 still exists in ArcGIS 10 but it manifests differently.  Instead of a 3D symbol appearing in a map legend with a black background, the symbol doesn't appear at all.  Additionally, when I try to edit a 3D symbol in ArcMap 10, my workstation locks up.  BOSD.  Not nice.  If I could find a location on the ESRI site to post bugs, I would file this one against ArcGIS 10.

Outcomes