ArcGIS Online Basic/Classic Viewer - Problems with Printout Legend

03-16-2015 03:15 PM
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

I am reporting what appears to be software bugs and have found no other place to report it than here. Let me know of workaround or best place to post.

These are problems with the Printout Legends in at least two of the ArcGIS Online Viewers:

ArcGIS Online Classic Viewer: After selecting the print option (print legend is checked in original layout design), no legend is printed (see attached).

ArcGIS Online Basic Viewer: After selecting the print option and click "Add legend to output", the legend does not display symbols for polygons with outline only (no color infill), but it does display the feature name.  All other symbols and features are displayed (see attachment). Also, for layers that are a single symbol, the layer name given in the legend is the original name when legend was added and is not the renamed one that is shown the viewer legend.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Bob Flynn​ is the web map you used to reproduce this issue public? If so can you send me the id? I'd like to test this issue and determine if its a problem with the template app or with the Legend widget itself.

0 Kudos
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

Here is public link for Map itself:

http://csurams.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=b69817db4f2948a5a3cf2f1d041d90ca

Here is public link for Map App of this map:

http://csurams.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=686ab82536984a8dbe07739542b4fc8b

Since "classic viewer" looks like it's not supported anymore, I didn't include link for this app.  Note that another bug I see on this is that A3 and A4 printed maps DO NOT have any features showing. Only the portrait or tabloid print maps show features. You'll see that all printed maps are missing legend symbols for non-filled polygons.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Thanks for the link Bob. I was able to reproduce the issue using a sample in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript resource center so this looks like a bug with the Print widget rather than the template app.

I can talk to the JavaScript team at Esri about this but if you'd like a number where you can track the bug and see when it will be resolved you'll want to submit this as an issue to support.

0 Kudos
CoryCampbell1
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue, but with the legend element of the web map itself using the current Basic Viewer. Polygons symbolized with outline only and no fill do not have their symbology shown in the legend (layer name only). Hopefully, the bug fix will take care of both.

VickiMartinez
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem as Cory.  Has this issue been addressed in the bug fix?  Right now if I use polygons symbolized with outline only and Location (single symbol) option, the symbology does not show in the legend - only the layer name(s).

0 Kudos
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

This bug still exists over 6 mos after I reported it back it March. Is ESRI planning to address it? It's serious enough for us that we are limiting further use of ArcGIS online until corrected.

Note also that this problem of missing blank fill legend symbols occurs in ALL Web Applications when you use the print tool. It is not just a problem with the Basic Viewer.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Bob Flynn​ have you logged this as a bug with Esri Support?

0 Kudos
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

I reported it as best I could via the "Contact ESRI".  I searched but never found a clear method to report bugs. Perhaps you could do this since you are an ESRI employee.  All necessary info is in this post.

0 Kudos
HelenWhiteley
New Contributor III

Hi,

Has there been any resolution for this?  I am getting the same issue with feature services when using print services in Web Appbuilder in Portal for ArcGIS - no symbology.  Map services work, but this is not a solution as the layer needs to be editable, and preferably dynamic. See below.

Feature service vs map service legend.JPG

Support seem to think the issue is at my end, but I've read enough similar posts to think that this may not be the case...

Thanks,

Helen

0 Kudos