Scene models flickering in LumenRT after expoting from CE

03-12-2015 12:47 AM
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to know how should I modify my rules so that when I export my scene to LumenRT, the buildings(models) won`t flicker...

It`s pretty annoying and also upsetting...

I was thinking at 2 solutions:

1. to use translate on the textures ( practically to create a space between the facades and the corespondent textures)

2. to use 'material.opacity' on the model and ( I`m not sure if possible) to make the model 100% transparent but the textures to be visible...

Also, I do not have proper textures to use 1 for a whole facade ( I have textures for windows, for some parts from a facade etc.) so 1 facade is composed from multiple parts of textures...

What do you think guys?

Thanks,

Ionut

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hey,

Don't let it get to you ..

Can you post a screenshot? I'm pretty sure you have coplanar faces you have to deal with.

Let me know ..

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hi Matt,

I attached a screenshot( made in LumenRT after exporting from CE)

P.S. - at some parts from the facade ( for  example the windows parts, door parts, and some parts of the facade which make the transition from floor 1 to 2 and so on) I applied a translate of 0.5. And also, when I`m moving through scene in Lumen, the closer buildings are rendered normally but the furthest ones are flickering...

Hope you understand me..

Thanks,

Ionut

flicker.png

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

Hey ..

when exporting the model, which format did you use?

did you use the CENTER button to center the georeferenced dataset at the cartesian origin?

It could be the 'wobble' effect ..

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

-------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Well, I choose export models -> E-on Software LumenRT Exporter ( I`m not sure what format it is) - it just exports my entire scene ( selected models + visible terrain) intro a LumenRT Project

I do not have a Center button just this ( see picture)

Thanks,

Ionut

123.png

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

Ok, makes sense.

then I believe it could be a split problem.

sometimes, in rare cases it can be that if no follow-up shapes are well-enough defined in the split, the split will fall back to the incoming shape.

use the model hierarchy and edit model mode to track down precisely in which part of the code these white polygons are produced. if it is a split, then have a close look on why these polygon duplicates are created.

to explain the behavior that I mean:

--------------------------------------------------

If you use scatter() with 0 points, no resulting geometry can be placed. But unless you explicitly say ..

scatter() ... 0, ..

NIL

.. CGA will fall back to the shape that comes into the scatter() operation and falls back to that one instead of continuing with a non-valid geometry ( after scattering 0 points).

Adding a NIL in a specific location COULD solve this issue.

Ok?

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

--------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor