Pier rule

Jump to solution
03-10-2015 03:12 PM
AhmadDamanhouri1
New Contributor II

im looking for CGA rule for piers that boat dock on Chris Wilkins​, can you help us out ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahmad,

Attached is the start of a pier rule. It is a whole CityEngine project, so that you could see it with the shapes I'm testing on. It is just the basics. The Deck rule could be taken to great amounts of detail. There is an asset in the assets folder too. I have to leave the office now, but I could not finish debugging part of it - see the red mark in the image below. That part. There are two attributes to omit specific sides from being railings - that is so that multiple shapes can make up a pier. This is where it needs a slight fix where a railing post is missing.

Chris

Pier.JPG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahmad,

Attached is the start of a pier rule. It is a whole CityEngine project, so that you could see it with the shapes I'm testing on. It is just the basics. The Deck rule could be taken to great amounts of detail. There is an asset in the assets folder too. I have to leave the office now, but I could not finish debugging part of it - see the red mark in the image below. That part. There are two attributes to omit specific sides from being railings - that is so that multiple shapes can make up a pier. This is where it needs a slight fix where a railing post is missing.

Chris

Pier.JPG

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I guess this is more the type of pier you walk on and do fishing from. If you wanted to make boats dock on it, then just alter where the railings go, or maybe a switch to make certain edges have the boat docking parts - the little bumpers and tie-down things.

Chris

AhmadDamanhouri1
New Contributor II

thanks for that Chris ,

0 Kudos