Story Map Series - Tabbed Layout: Open specified Tab

Jump to solution
03-10-2015 03:03 AM
MartinRinner
New Contributor

Hello,

first, the Story Map Series Builder is great.

I'd like to use this template, but I have one recommodation. It must be possible to open the Story Map Serie with an specified tab open like this:

http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/2015/celebrating-a-world-of-cheese/?tab=1

In this example, the tab "Cheese Production" (the second int the Story Map Series) shoud be opened and the map loaded.

Do you know it's possible?

Thanks!

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
MartinRinner
New Contributor

Thanks Rupert, that's it!

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this in the documentation at all? If not, it would be a helpful addition. And are there other parameters that are available for use?

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, no it's not in the documentation yet, we will fix that soon.

In the meantime, I confirm there is no other magic parameters in Map Series

0 Kudos
MollyWatson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

Is there a way to combine the entry parameter (for the tabbed series) with the index parameter (for a tour stop) in the same URL? I have 5 story map tours that are embedded into the tabbed series. I'd like to link to the specific tab and then the specific tour stop within that tab. I tried writing my URL like this but it only opens to the specific tab - it does not include the tour stop:

http://bouldercounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=5c7f59623d7d445cb45b34293b43bbb...

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Molly -- When you first embed one story within another story you can specify a URL parameter at that time, but that is the tab/location that will always show when the story is first opened.

Unfortunately, URL parameters specified on the parent story aren't honored on any embedded stories due to web security limitations.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos