GeoLocator Returned Results Limit

03-06-2015 02:14 AM
OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have created a custom GeoLocator for our organization, which works fine on both Desktop, browser and iPad. But the number of results returned on the iPad seems to be limited to12, in both ArcGIS and Explorer for iPad, on the browser you can click view "Not what you wanted" to view the full list.

Is there a way to change this limit?

Cheers,

Owain

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Owain,

I am interested in knowing more about the type of result you are searching for and why seeing more that 12 results for any given search is important to you?

I believe the limits is based on the idea the "results on the second page" aren't that useful and a more refined search is needed.

For example, using a gazetteer styled locator and searching for something like "Coffee"  might return a 1,000 results.  But searching for "Coffee in Redlands"  would return a more manageable number...

It is entirely possible that your use case is not being considered in this thinking.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

I am using the a couple different geolocator as part of a composite geolocator, all but one work fine as they should only return a few results. The one that I am having issues with is an address locator, where a surname is searched but only 12 are returned on the iPad. I would be happy if on the iPad you could view further results but there does not seem to be any way of achieving this.

Owain

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Owain,

I will pass along your use-case to the team.

I don' t think there is anything that can be done to get around the limit on IOS app.

Mark

0 Kudos
OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark we will trial it as it is and hope that this feature is enhanced later on with the ability to customise the return results on the iPads.

Owian

0 Kudos