Tiles in 10.2.5 QML

Jump to solution
03-04-2015 09:46 AM
RainerFarsch
New Contributor III

A 'Known Issue' with Runtime for Qt 10.2.5 is the absence of ‘Tile info and tile handler’. I have rendered a tile package in ArcMap using data provided by a third party. The rendered tile package is about 5.9 GB (I noticed layer 0 - layer 19 during rendering). I'm loading the tile package into my application using ArcGISLocalTiledLayer QML element. When I zoom in on the map, I don’t see any new tiles being drawn, rather the existing tiles becomes more pixelated. Is this because there is no tile handler, or is there something that I need to be doing in software to get to the more detailed tile layers?

BTW, I'm still on 10.3 Beta.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Rainer-

You can follow the same instructions that we went through on that forum. Please keep in mind that with both the 10.3 Beta and the 10.2.5 final cut, RHEL 7 is not technically listed on the supported platforms- we only officially support 6.2-6.6. From our testing, it should mostly work just fine, with the exception of local server (with C++).

The special instructions on the website for 6.x are should be taken into account for 6.x only, as there is a compatibility issue with the version of gcc on those RHEL machines. If you decide to try and run our SDK on RHEL 7, you should not use the custom build that we provide.

You will need to download 5.4.0 or 5.4.1 (from the Qt Company) with the final cut of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt 10.2.5.

Thanks!

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Rainer-

This is something different. The tile handler suits a few different workflows. One would be accessing tiles from non ArcGIS Services or caches. Another would be to directly pull tiles from a cache via http request, when your tiles were hosted on a web server somewhere. There are probably other use cases. However, if you created a tile package in ArcMap, you will only need the ArcGISLocalTiledLayer, and the absence of the tile handler and tile info classes will not affect you. I remember seeing some similar issues at the beta with another user's TPK. I recommend you download a copy of final release and see if the issue is fixed.

Thanks!

Luke

0 Kudos
RainerFarsch
New Contributor III

Hi Luke,

I will try using the latest to see if there is a difference. Doing so means that I will be installing to RHEL 7. If you recall, you and I had discussion over in the 10.3 Beta forum, specifically at https://betacommunity.esri.com/project/forum/thread.html?cap=3169D83C3F444D7B8A99605B9B4DD4A1&forid={91A8D0A0-C30F-49D1-B712-330FA5E7E0A9}&topid={2A82424E-4915-43B6-A0D0-05A3DE48F07D}

In this discussion, I recapped what I did, under your direction, to install 10.3 Beta onto RHEL 7 (with Qt 5.3.2). Do I need to do the same for 10.2.5? I see there are special instructions regarding RHEL 6, and the system requirements are for RHEL 6.2 to 6.6.

Also, should I upgrade to Qt 5.4.1 from Qt 5.3.2?

Thanks!

-Rainer

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Hey Rainer-

You can follow the same instructions that we went through on that forum. Please keep in mind that with both the 10.3 Beta and the 10.2.5 final cut, RHEL 7 is not technically listed on the supported platforms- we only officially support 6.2-6.6. From our testing, it should mostly work just fine, with the exception of local server (with C++).

The special instructions on the website for 6.x are should be taken into account for 6.x only, as there is a compatibility issue with the version of gcc on those RHEL machines. If you decide to try and run our SDK on RHEL 7, you should not use the custom build that we provide.

You will need to download 5.4.0 or 5.4.1 (from the Qt Company) with the final cut of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt 10.2.5.

Thanks!

Luke

0 Kudos
RainerFarsch
New Contributor III

Hi Luke,

I installed 10.2.5 onto my RHEL7 box using the same instructions that we discussed when I installed 10.3 Beta onto the same box. Everything seems sort of okay. I did a new "My First Map App" project. The map renders onto the application's window. I can zoom into the map and get more detailed tiles for the tile server at:

url: "http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"

I do notice in Qt Creator's Application Output the following:

Starting /home/farschr/arcgis/projects/build-MyFirstMapApp_10_2_5-Qt_5_4_0_GCC_x64_Desktop-Release/MyFirstMapApp_10_2_5...

Initializing application

ArcGIS.Runtime.Plugin: virtual void ArcGISRuntimePlugin::registerTypes(const char *) ArcGIS.Runtime

ArcGIS.Runtime.Plugin: void ArcGISRuntimePlugin::initializeLicense() Invalid clientId QVariant(QString, "") status 1

Rendering engine : OpenGL

int main(int, char**) ApplicationWindow_QMLTYPE_12(0x134cdd0)

Is this normal or not?

Thanks!

-Rainer

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Hey Rainer-

Yes, this is normal console output when the application launches.

Thank you,

Luke

0 Kudos