Hosted feature layer not showing in collector

03-04-2015 09:52 AM
TravisSmith1
New Contributor III

I have a feature service hosted on our own server. I'm able to see the service on AGOL and load it as a feature layer in a web map. I'm able to edit the feature layer through the web map interface. Sync capability is enabled. When I log into Collector on my mobile device, I can see the web map I published with my feature service, however, when I open the map, none of the data shows up. The layers are all listed in the layer list, but they're all disabled and I can't turn them on. When I try to download the map locally to the device, it errors out. What is the problem here? Why does everything work fine online but not in Collector? Thanks.

Tags (1)
30 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are the feature services accessible on the network the device is on? Can you hit the rest services on the layers on the mobile device?

EdwardGlover
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same behavior described in Travis's post with the only difference being the feature services are hosted in AGOL.  The issue started yeterday following months of usage without any changes to the maps in AGOL.  I'm running Collector 10.3 for Android.  All 4 maps I have containing 2 feature services exhibit the same behavior.  One of the maps which was previously downloaded to the device for offline usage had the feature service points appear; however, when I selected manage, remove, features only and re-downloaded the project they were no longer enabled for visibility.  The feature services appear as expected in Collector when not downloaded.Collector_NotDL.pngCollector_DL.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the map with me to the Collector4ArcGIS account and I can take a look.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
EdwardGlover
New Contributor III

I have done so.  Is there any insight you can provide me as to why my layers are not visible when I download a map for offline use in Collector?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I am looking into the issue right now and seeing if I can determine what the issue may be. I'll send you an update when we know why this is happening.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
EdwardGlover
New Contributor III

It has to do with feature templates.  I published a feature class symbolized by coded domain values to AGOL.  I was able to download the map for offline use in Collector.  I went back into AGOL and changed one of the symbols and saved the map.  When I went back into Collector and downloaded the map for offline use the layer cannot be made visible.  So to make my change I have to go back to Arcmap and republish the service with the symbology change there.  I feel this is an issue that I'd like you to investigate and provide me with a better solution then having to start back from scratch in ArcMap everytime.

0 Kudos
JohnSepenoski1
New Contributor

Russ,

I am having what I believe is the same problem.  Since the latest Collector update everything seems to work fine when connected to AGOL but my features do not display when I take them offline.  The only oddity I have noticed when working online is that when I change the type of record that I have the features symbolized by I get a warning message about changing the feature type that did not used to display.  Ignoring this seems to work fine for my purposes but it would be better to not have the message come up.  Not sure if this could be related to why the features won't display offline.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the map with Collector4ArcGIS and I can see if I can repro the issue?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
JohnSepenoski1
New Contributor

Not sure if this is the best way but I sent an invitation to join the group since the map isn't currently public.  If there is a better way let me know.

0 Kudos