SRTM Interpolation Trial Version

02-27-2015 09:05 AM
YannickStachelscheid
New Contributor

Hey guys

I'm new to ArcGis and the general topic geo data.

I came to ArcGis because I need to interpolate the 90m SRTM data (Europe) and I found this post. I want to use the data later in a game I'm developing.

So I just downloaded the trial version of ArcGis and clicked a little bit through the Applications (ArcGlobe, ArcMap, ArcScene). But I can't find ArcGIS Spatial Analyst which was mentioned in the old post.

So is it possible to perform the SRTM interpolation with the trial version? If so, how can I do it?

Thanks for help and replies

Greetings from Germany

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you go to the Customize menu, then select Extensions...if you have it, it can be toggled on.  Most of the functionality is in Arctoolbox (little red tool on the toolbar)

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

What interpolation are you trying to do? Fill in voids or resample it to a finer resolution?

0 Kudos
YannickStachelscheid
New Contributor

Voids have already been filled because I'm using data from Coverage map viewfinderpanoramas.org , so I want a finer resolution

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

You could simply use the Resample (in Data Management) tool and choose bilinear interpolation.

0 Kudos
YannickStachelscheid
New Contributor

Thank you for that tip I resampled data from 90m to 30m, but how can I save the resampled data as .hgt again?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

from the help files on SRTM which means that you need to use arcobjects

Supported raster formats

So you will have to examine that documentation

Mission (SRTM)

The HGT format is used to store elevation data from the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM). SRTM-3 and SRTM-1 v2 files can be displayed.

Single file—extension *.hgt

Read-only (Write—developer only

0 Kudos