Various reference scales within annotation

Jump to solution
02-25-2015 10:30 AM
RemiBrisson
New Contributor

Hello, is there a way to have annotations at various reference scales wthin the same class or group? I'm building a map book with DDP where each map is a different scale and I want the annotations (created from labels) to show with the same size on all maps. Does this makes sense? Right now, the labels show OK but when I create annotations from them, only one map has the annotations show properly...

Thanks

Remi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, there is, depending on which type of annotation you're using.  The Tiled Labels to Annotation tool, used alongside a reference scale field, will do this for you.

For this type of question, also consider using Esri's Ask A Cartographer site; it has proven more helpful for my cartographic questions than the regular forums: Esri Mapping Centre - Ask a Cartographer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, there is, depending on which type of annotation you're using.  The Tiled Labels to Annotation tool, used alongside a reference scale field, will do this for you.

For this type of question, also consider using Esri's Ask A Cartographer site; it has proven more helpful for my cartographic questions than the regular forums: Esri Mapping Centre - Ask a Cartographer

0 Kudos
RemiBrisson
New Contributor

Hi Marianne, thanks for the hint. I'll look into this. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos