StreetMap Premium issue with Streets data

02-20-2015 12:30 PM
BenSanchez
New Contributor

I'm adding the street map data from 2014 Release 3 to a basemap I've been working on, and the one layer I have been unable to add is the "Streets" layer. Anyone else have this problem or hear of a way to fix it? I tried to access it on a separate map with just its data, but it also would not come up.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusAlvarez3
New Contributor

I have the same issue, just got the DVDs last week and was unable to add the streets layer, only major roads and highways show up. I don't think there is a way to fix the issue, the network of streets is not complete.

Contacted support and open up a case, unfortunately, I am still waiting. I am certain the dataset included in the DVDs is not complete. I noticed there is one small area that does have all streets, which leads me to believe the process used to split the dataset into the 6 different DVDs created the issue.

0 Kudos
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Ben, Jesus,

Did either of you find the resolution to this issue. I'm seeing something similar with the StreetMap Premium North American Navteq Dataset 2014 Release 3. Thanks for any input.

Ben

0 Kudos
JesusAlvarez3
New Contributor

Hi Ben,

You may want to install a quality patch not part of the service pack required by release 3.

I was able to fix the issue by installing a quality patch, which was not part of the service pack required. Esri did not add this critical note on the requirements included in the installation instructions. The patch apparently fixes issues with the streets gementric network.

Jesus

BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Thank's Jesus, appreciate the advice, it's worth a shot.

0 Kudos
PatrickPeters1
New Contributor II

In the StreetMap Premium product, the detailed streets layers (Streets and Routing_Streets) are protected datasets; so without the appropriate license file installed you will not be able to view either in ArcMap or ArcCatalog.  Also, you cannot export the Streets and Routing_Streets layers to a shapefile or other feature class. You also cannot use any ArcGIS function that will read from the Streets or Routing_Streets Shape field and output features into a feature class (i.e., buffer, intersect, etc.).

Please refer to the StreetMap Premium product resource page/system requirements/service packs page here:

Patches and Service Packs—StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for Server

Use the Previous Versions link on the left-hand side to see earlier versions.

Refer to the Quick Start Guide or Release Notes included with the StreetMap Premium product to see how the File Geodatabase was split up between DVDs.  All the files from the each of the DVDs must be put under one File Geodatabase folder, for example, NorthAmerica.gdb for the FGDB to function correctly.