Closest Facility error: out of memory.

02-19-2015 04:59 PM
franciscocarrera
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

Im trying to compute the routes between 117 facilities and 2400 incidents. There will be about 300,000 routes computed so it is a large analysis. In the beginning I clicked on "Solve" and got a message: out of memory. Then I did what the following link details:

30759 - "Out of Memory" error occurs during Solve on a Closest Facility network analysis layer

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/30759

I have already moved the values of "FacilityChunkSize" and "IncidentChunkSize" and now the problem is not an error message, but my laptop just freezes.

Do you guys know what te appropriate or suggested values for these variables may be for this case?

Thanks!

Francisco

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Francisco,

This is a common error for such large analysis. Possible solutions are discussed in the following KB article: 38436 - “Out of Memory” error occurs during a solve on an OD cost matrix or vehicle routing problem ...

0 Kudos
deleted-user-25j2k-XonNEg
New Contributor III

I've run into that, as well.  Most recently, I got the error when routing 271 facilities to about 675 incidents, so I ran it three times with about 90 facilities per set, then merged the routes.

0 Kudos