Excel and ArcGIS 10.2.1

Jump to solution
02-18-2015 10:36 AM
AndrewDuszak
New Contributor

All, I could appreciate some help on Excel and ArcGIS 10.2.1.

I have ArcGIS 10.2.1 & Excel 2010. When in ArcMap I can not see my Excel files, let alone join to them. When in ArcCatalog I can see all of my 2010 Excel files and can even double click on them and they open. They same is true when in ArcMap & I open up the side bar of ArcCatalog.

I have tried reinstalled & repairing ArcGIS 10.2.1. My maintenance contract is up, I am at a loss. I have searched threads of help but, have come across nothing. I have also tried installing a MS Access/Excel 2007 plug in that some threads have suggested. That did not help.

Whenever I first installed ArcGIS 10.2.1 everything worked fine. Some months back is where the problems developed of course. Perhaps it was a windows/MS office update that changed things? I got by for a bit but, now the fix is more urgent. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

In ArcCatalog, under Customize->ArcCatalog Options->File Types tab, is XLSX listed? If so, remove it.

1.PNG

It doesn't make sense to me either, but adding it results in the same behaviour you report, and removing it fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

In ArcCatalog, under Customize->ArcCatalog Options->File Types tab, is XLSX listed? If so, remove it.

1.PNG

It doesn't make sense to me either, but adding it results in the same behaviour you report, and removing it fixes the problem.

AndrewDuszak
New Contributor

Darren,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. This is such a simple, nonsensical solution but, it worked instantly. Suddenly all of my excel tables and their various tabs are all visible. I even did a test join with no issues. Thanks for sorting this out!

Andrew

0 Kudos