ArcGIS Server and portal, change name of server

02-16-2015 06:30 AM
HildegardGerlach1
New Contributor III

Hello,

we have an internal machine on which ArcGIS Server 10.3 and ArcGIS portal is installed (Windows Server 2008). We want to take this machine out of the domain (ies, now ies.jrc.it), it should just stay as jrc.it, otherwise we have access problems for some users. This means that the name of the server will change.

What would I have to do or reconfigure after this change of the name ?

I only found the documentation for the older version, is it still the same ?

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Can I safely rename a GIS server machine in my ArcGIS Server site?

Yes. ArcGIS Server will automatically detect a machine name change and reconfigure your site to use the new name. After you use your operating system's tools to rename the machine, you may see the following message in the server logs:

ArcGIS Server has detected that the server machine [old machine name] has been changed to [new machine name]. ArcGIS Server will be updated automatically to use the new host name.

Depending on your site deployment, you may need to perform some additional steps to ensure that your site is configured properly to use the new machine name:

• If you've enabled SSL for your site and your certificate was using the previous machine name, you'll need to generate a new SSL certificate and configure your site to use it. For full instructions, see Enabling SSL on ArcGIS Server.
  • If you've configured the ArcGIS Web Adaptor to use your previous machine name, you'll need to configure it with a new URL that uses the updated machine name. For full instructions, see Configuring the Web Adaptor after installation.

Thanks

Hilde

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply